Nepal SBI Bank has made technical arrangements with IRCTC for facilitating payments for Indian railway tickets booked through IRCTC's online ticket booking portal. Due to this customers of Nepal SBI Bank availing internet banking facility can make payments for tickets booked through IRCTC's online ticket booking portal.
1. Opening of Internet Banking Account with Nepal SBI Bank
Go to the nearest branch of Nepal SBI bank and open your INB enabled deposit account.
2. IRCTC Registration Procedure
- Go to website of Indian Rail ticket booking systemand click on the SIGNUP link on the IRCTC login page.
- Fill in the mandatory details such as your Residence Address, Phone Number, Country, Personal details, Email ID and choose your desired subscriptions and specials offers for mailing list.
- Note: Please fill 10 digit mobile number and a pin code in 6 digits.
- After completing the IRCTC registration form press the Submit button.
- Password for the successfully registered IRCTC User ID will be received in the Email ID provided during registration. However you need verify the mobile number as well as email address before you can use it to book ticket.
3.Ticket Booking Process
You can book train tickets online in general quota as well as Tatkal quota (Opened 1 day prior to the journey date), in addition to checking train schedule and availability.
- You have to sign in to your IRCTC account using your Username and Password, opened as above.
- You will be directed to the Plan my Travel page.
- You have to enter the From station and To (Destination) station, the date of journey, Ticket type (E-Ticket) and Quota Type-General reservation or Tatkal reservation.
- After entering Origin and Destination stations, click on ” Find Trains”.
- You will be directed to a new page where all the available trains on that particular date will be displayed.
- Then select your desired Train and the class of journey (Sleeper/ General/ Chair Car / Air Conditioned).
- Booking availability status will be instantly displayed. Then click on the” Book” button, depending upon the status of availability.
- A new page will be displayed, where you need to enter the details of passengers such as Name, Sex, Age, Berth preference.
- You will be directed to the IRCTC payment gateway, where payment can be made. In Payment Mode choose Net Banking and then select Nepal SBI Bank Ltd. from the Select Bank list. On clicking Make Payment button, you will be redirected to Nepal SBI Bank's online banking page where you have to log in with Nepal SBI Bank's internet banking Sign On password and make payment with Transaction password. Once the payment is done, reserved ticket will be displayed on the screen. Please follow instructions which appear on the the web page while booking the ticket.
- You can take a printout of the ticket to verify your reservation.
- You can also check your ticket through Booking history in the IRCTC login page.
- It may please be noted that INB Platform of NSBL is only a tool for facilitating payment for the request made to IRCTC (Indian Railways) for booking of tickets. Availability of berth/seats/reservation status will be governed by IRCTC and as such the Bank does not carry any assurance/warranty for non availability/change of reservation status of berth/seats booked/to be booked by the INB Users. As such the applicants for Railway reservations are requested to keep themselves updated with their PNR (Passenger Name Record) Status /Train Status (Running/Cancellation, if any) to decide about continuance or cancellation of their ticket with IRCTC. In case of cancellation of tickets the amount of refund will be automatically credited to the applicant’s account with NSBL after deducting Cancellation Charges/ Other Charges, as applicable. For details please read the terms and conditions/FAQ on IRCTC’s/NSBL’s internet site.
4. Charges & Refunds
- Nepal SBI Bank will charge NRs. 19.00 for each successful transaction on IRCTC portal.
- If IRCTC portal fails to generate tickets due to any technical problemafter payment through Nepal SBI Bank's ebanking, the bank shall refund the full amount paid towards the transaction including charge levied by the bank to the customer after receving confirmation from IRCTC. This is an automated process and normally takes 1-2 working days past the transaction date.
- In any other case of ticket cancellation after successful payment, the bank shall refund only the amount as given by IRCTC to the customer. The service charge levied by the bank during ticket booking process shall not be refunded to the customer.