Internet Banking - Nepal
Nepal e-banking heading
IMPORTANT SECURITY TIPS FOR SAFE ONLINE BANKING
- For Individuals.
- Access your bank website only by typing the URL in the address bar of your browser.
- Do not click on any links in any e-mail message to access the site.
- Nepal SBI Bank never sends you email/SMS or calls you over phone to get your personal information, password or one time SMS (high security) password. Any such e-mail/SMS or phone call is an attempt to fraudulently withdraw money from your account through Internet Banking. Never respond to such email/SMS or phone call. Please report immediately on email@example.com if you receive any such e-mail/SMS or Phone call. Immediately change your passwords if you have accidentally revealed your credentials.
- Do not be lured if you receive an e-mail/SMS/phone call promising reward for providing your personal information or for updating your account details in the bank site.
- Having the following will improve your internet security:
- Newer version of Operating System with latest security patches.
- Latest version of Browsers (IE 7.0 and above , Mozilla Firefox 3.1 and above, Opera 9.5 and above, Safari 3.5 and above, Google chrome,etc.)
- Firewall is enabled.
- Antivirus signatures applied
- Scan your computer regularly with Antivirus to ensure that the system is Virus/Trojan free.
- Change your Internet Banking password at periodical intervals.
- Always check the last log-in date and time in the post login page
- Avoid accessing Internet banking accounts from cyber cafes or shared PCs.
How to use new Internet Banking
Kindly enter your username , password and verification code as shown in the login screen.
After successful login, customer will be presented a consolidated dashboard showing message widget, transaction widget, notification widget and quick pay widget. Customers can perform transactions through the widgets as well as through various menu present on the menu bar.
Account View / Downloading Statement
Customers can view their account statement by selecting the proper account from the Accounts menu. Customer’s Saving and Current accounts will be listed under Operative Accounts while deposits and loan accounts will be shown under Deposit Accounts and Loan Accounts menu respectively.
Clicking on a particular Account Number will show last 90 days transaction while customer can fetch transaction history using various search criteria through Actions > View Transaction History and selecting appropriate search criteria.
Once the transaction history is displayed, the same can be exported either in PDF or EXCEL format using the Download Details option available below the transaction list.
Customers can perform fund transfer in two ways.
1.Fund transfer to Own Account.
2.Fund transfer to Third Party Account.
Fund transfer to own account is for transaction between customer’s own accounts. While Fund transfer to Third Party Account will allow customers to transfer fund from his/her account to accounts within Nepal SBI Bank.
For Third party fund transfer, customer has to first add and activate beneficiary. Upon completion of the same, customer can initiate third party fund transfer. To add beneficiary, kindly navigate to Manage Beneficiary > Add Beneficiary. On the screen that comes fill in the necessary details such as Beneficiary Name, Nickname, Beneficiary account details. Select the Payment Network / Type as Within SBI NP and select branch on Bank Identifier by clicking on the Lookup button available next.
Click on Continue to proceed ahead with addition of beneficiary. Beneficiary addition is complete by entering transaction password. Customer has to now activate the beneficiary before he/she can make any transaction with the beneficiary. To activate the beneficiary, Click on Manage Beneficiary > Activate Beneficiary and select Confirm from Actions listed with the Beneficiary
As a security measure, a onetime password is required during activation of beneficiary. If customer hasn’t registered his/her mobile number for Internet Banking with the bank the customer will not be able to receive the OTP. In this case, customer has to visit nearest branch and get his/her mobile number updated for use in Internet Banking.
Once beneficiary is added, customer can perform fund transfer to the beneficiary through the Quick Pay widget available in the main dashboard as well as through the Transaction Menu.
Fund transfer using Quick Pay widget in dashboard
1. Go to the Quick Payment option in the Quick Pay widget in the main dashboard that appears immediately after customer login.
2. Select the From Account and To Account. To Account will list all the beneficiaries added by the customer.
3. Enter the amount to transfer and click on Pay. The system will next ask for the transaction password. Providing the transaction Password and clicking on Confirm will process the transaction.
Fund transfer using transactions menu.
Navigate to Transactions > Initiate Funds Transfer within SBINP > Funds Transfer to Third Party Account In the screen that comes, kindly fill in the mandatory details such as Frequency Type, Transaction Date, From Account and Beneficiary account. After filling in the necessary details, kindly click on Continue
On the screen that appears next, type in your transaction password and click on Confirm Payment to complete the transaction.